You can do as many twists as you like, but if you eat the wrong food, you will never see the cherished six pack on your abs. All you need is to understand a few basic principles of proper nutrition that will soon lead you to your goal. Fitness advice Rey Clerk will share his nutrition tips for six pack with us. These rules will be an important and necessary addition to your press workout. Are you ready to take a step towards the appearance of your photo on the cover of a fashionable fitness magazine?
5 golden rules of nutrition
- In the morning, eat like a king, like a prince during the day, and like a beggar in the evening;
- Eat small meals 6 times a day to maintain a stable blood sugar level. Every day, drink 3-4 liters of water;
- Consume at least 150 grams of protein each day. The source of protein should be: lean red meat, fish, chicken, turkey, eggs, milk and tofu. Your body uses 20-30% more energy to digest protein than it needs to digest carbohydrates;
- Do not live without food for more than 3 hours, otherwise the body will begin to store energy with the help of fat deposition on the body;
- Do not eat after 11 pm.
What is worth eating?
- Five servings of fruits and vegetables every day;
- High-calorie breakfast every morning, have breakfast as early as possible. I recommend: porridge, eggs;
- Nuts, dried fruit – a great snack throughout the day;
- Consume enough amount of healthy fats: fish oil, nuts;
- Greens: broccoli, cabbage, spinach and beans;
- Protein shakes an hour before the workout and immediately after it;
- Fish, oatmeal, lentils, brown rice, quinoa and rye bread;
- Green tea;
- Low-fat cheese and yoghurt;
- Oranges, grapefruits, tangerines, lemon and lime;
What is NOT worth eating?
- Alcohol, especially beer and wine, vodka;
- Chips, candy, chocolate and jam;
- Something from deep fat;
- Pasta, rice and bread;
- Carbohydrates in the evening;
- 7 am – oatmeal with banana and raisins, washed down with tea;
- 10 am- poached eggs with a toaster bun;
- 11 am- protein shake (before training);
- 2 pm – protein shake (after training), after chicken breast with spinach, cherry tomatoes and sweet potatoes;
- 5 pm – protein bar and banana;
- 8 pm – Tuna with broccoli, carrots, cabbage, quinoa and soy sauce. For dessert: papaya with ginger and lime juice;
ANOTHER FIVE COMPONENTS OF THE SIX PACK DIET
Do not forget about these metabolism boosters every time you get ready to eat, and the fat in your body will melt like snow under the April sun.
1. Ground hot red pepper
The Oxford Polytechnic Institute found that this spice (it is also called cayenne pepper) speeds up the metabolism by 15–20% within 2-3 hours after a meal.
Substances contained in cinnamon, acting on insulin molecules, improve human carbohydrate and fat metabolism by an average of 20% (data from the research division of the US Department of Agriculture).
This root contains organic acids that stimulate the production of enzymes of gastric juice. Moreover, the effect of such an impact is significant – a person’s metabolism accelerates on average by 20%.
Only half of a teaspoon of vigorous mustard will stimulate your metabolism for an additional 20–25%. The fact is that the isothiocyanates contained in mustard stimulate the production of hormones responsible for the conversion of fat into energy.
Slam a glass of cold water – the body will have to mobilize energy from fat cells to warm it, and this will speed up the metabolism by 30% at once. However, to achieve this effect, the water must be cooled to 5 degrees Celsius.